Gingerbread Martini Recipe
Servings: 1 person
Enjoy the holiday season with this delicious gingerbread martini! This tequila based cocktail is made with homemade ginger sugar syrup for a warming cocktail that's sure to get the party started!
For the Ginger Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cinnamon stick
For the Gingerbread Martini
- 1 1/2 ounces El Mayor Reposado Tequila
- 3/4 ounce Tuaca Liquor or Vanilla Vodka
- 3/4 ounce ginger syrup see below
- 1 tablespoon cool whip or whipped cream
For Garnish (optional)
- crushed gingerbread cookies
- Whipped cream
- cinnamon sticks
- whole gingerbread cookies
For Gingerbread Syrup
Heat all ingredients for syrup in a small saucepan over medium/high heat. Whisk to combine.
Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and allow to come to room temperature before storing in the fridge in an airtight container until use.
For the Martini
Rim martini glass with molasses and then dip in crushed gingerbread cookies (optional).
In a cocktail shaker, add the tequila, Tuaca, ginger syrup, and cool whip. Shake vigorously to combine.
Top with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick (optional).
- If you don't have a cocktail shaker, you can use a mason jar with a lid to shake the ingredients together. Shaking is an important step so that the flavors are well blended.
- I find that ground ginger gives the simple syrup the best flavor, but you can used chopped fresh ginger if that's what you have.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Sodium: 13mg | Sugar: 16g | Iron: 1mg