Stovetop Little Smokies recipe
Servings: 4 people
Little smokies are the most addictive appetizers! Cocktail sausages cooked in a sweet and savory BBQ sauce.
- 14 oz smoked cocktail sausage
- 2 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
Place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Allow the mixture to boil slightly.
Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the cocktail sausages are cooked through.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. The sauce will thicken on standing.
Top with parsley and serve with toothpicks.
- Free free to use homemade sauce. The possibilities are endless!
- If you plan to make these for a crowd you can easily double or triple the recipe. Just double (or triple!) all the ingredients. You may also need a large pan.
- To make in a crockpot, combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours. Keep warm until serving.
- You can add some garnishes such as cooked crumbled bacon or chopped parsley.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1062mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg