Peach Caprese Stacks with Honey Bourbon Balsamic Reduction
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 peaches pitted and sliced (I sliced into tomato like slices, but any style will work:)
- 6 slices whole milk mozzarella
- 6 large leaves fresh basil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup bourbon or honey bourbon such as Wild Turkey American Honey
- 2 tablespoons honey if not using the honey bourbon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In a small sauce pan, bring the balsamic, sugar, and bourbon to a boil (plus honey if not using the honey bourbon). Reduce to a simmer and allow to simmer until reduced by half. It will become a syrupy consistency. Simmer for at least 15 minutes.
While balsamic is reducing, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add peaches and cook on each side until extra tender and juicy; about 5 minutes. Set aside.
To assemble your stacks, start with a peach slice, then mozzarella, the basil. Repeat three times.
Top with the Honey Bourbon Balsamic Reduction.