whipped feta bruschetta
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Rest time: 1 hour
Total Time: 15 minutes
Qn elegant and beautiful appetizer for any event! Delicious
- 6 ounces feta crumbled (I used tomato basil feta)
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup good olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic I used minced garlic from a jar, but if you have cloves, this would be about 2 cloves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes 1/2-inch-diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- shredded parmesan for garnish optional
For the whipped feta:
place the feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor with the steel blade. Pulse on low until the cheeses are mixed.
Add 1/3 cup of the olive oil, the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and mix until smooth and creamy.
For the topping:
up to an hour before serving, combine the garlic and vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside.
Mix in 1/3 cup olive oil and the rest of the salt.
Add the tomatoes, stir gently, and set aside for a couple minutes to marinate.
Stir in the basil and salt and better to taste before serving.
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 356mg | Potassium: 282mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 765IU | Vitamin C: 27.8mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 1.1mg