Healthy Almond Milk Chicken Curry Recipe
This tasty Almond Milk Chicken Curry is a perfect healthy weeknight meal that the whole family will love! This easy to make recipe is packed full of flavor and mild in spice.
For Curry Paste
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon course sea salt
For Almond Milk Chicken Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 pounds Chicken Breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Curry Paste see recipe below
- 6 ounces tomato paste 1 small can
- 1.75 cups Blue Diamond Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- white rice for serving
- Cilantro for serving optional
For the Almond Milk Curry
Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring as you cook. Once golden, remove and set aside.
Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to the saucepan and add curry paste. Stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add the tomato paste, almond milk, ground cinnamon, and chili powder. Stir to combine.
Return the chicken to the saucepan and stir to coat.
Reduce heat to medium/low and cook for 30 minutes or until thickened and chicken is fully cooked.
Serve with white rice and top with cilantro. Enjoy!
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 726mg | Potassium: 1719mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1465IU | Vitamin C: 23.2mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 3.7mg