Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6 people
Author: Becky Hardin
Hearty, warming and comforting, this easy one pot lasagna soup is one big hug in a bowl! Made with Italian sausage and a rich tomato broth, it's ready to serve in 35 minutes.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes undrained
- 6 ounces tomato Paste
- 8 lasagna noodles broken into bite sized pieces
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- Shredded basil leaves optional garnish
In a large pot over medium high heat, brown the Italian sausage with the chopped onion until the meat is no longer pink. Stir in the Dijon mustard, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
Once the sausage is browned and seasoned, add in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, lasagna noodles, and beef broth.
Bring mixture to a boil. Cover, turn down heat, and cook until lasagna noodles softened, about 12-15 minutes.
While the noodles cook, take the mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese and mix them together in a separate bowl.
To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and add a spoon full of cheese mix on the top and garnish with the shredded basil.
- Make the soup in a heavy bottomed pot or Dutch oven. It will distribute the heat more evenly.
- Feel free to add in other veggies if you like. Mushrooms, bell peppers and mushrooms all work well.
Calories: 533kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1971mg | Potassium: 1009mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 876IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 233mg | Iron: 5mg