Classic Bruschetta Recipe
Servings: 15 people
Delicious to eat and so easy to make, these tomato bruschetta are a great finger food appetizer. Made with fresh ingredients, they are sweet, tangy and super tasty!
- 1 Italian baguette loaf sliced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and 2 finely minced and one left whole
- 6 slicer tomatoes about 3 pounds, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of thinly sliced basil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
Set the bread out evenly on the pan and brush on the olive oil.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toasted.
Rub the whole garlic on the bread slices to infuse more flavor if desired.
Mix the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, oregano and salt together in a medium bowl.
Top the baguette slices with 1-2 tablespoons of the tomato mix and sprinkle on some basil.
- Serving size is 2 pieces of bruschetta per person. This recipe makes about 30 slices.
- Slice your bread as evenly as you can, and not to thick, but not to thin so that it falls apart.
- Rubbing the toasts with garlic adds a really nice subtle flavor.
- Fresh basil works great as a garnish, but you could also use another fresh herb like cilantro or parsley if you prefer.
Serving: 2pieces | Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 183mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 454IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg