Delicious to eat and so easy to make, these tomato bruschetta are a great finger food appetizer. Made with fresh ingredients, they are sweet, tangy and super tasty!
- Easy Bruschetta Recipe with Tomatoes and Basil
- Why you’ll love this Bruschetta Recipe recipe:
- How to make Bruschetta from Scratch
- What are the best tomatoes to use?
- Can you make them ahead of time?
- What’s the best bread to use?
- More Easy Appetizer Recipes we Love
- Classic Bruschetta Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Easy Bruschetta Recipe with Tomatoes and Basil
Make the most of the summers’ produce with this fresh and tasty tomato bruschetta recipe.
Tomatoes are mixed with balsamic vinegar, herbs and garlic before being placed on crispy slices of baguette.
Why you’ll love this Bruschetta Recipe recipe:
- QUICK: It takes no more than 30 minutes to make a big batch of these appetizers.
- GREAT FOR A CROWD: These are so great to serve if you are hosting during the summer. They are great for any showers you have!
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You just need a few basic ingredients to make these tasty bites!
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to make Bruschetta from Scratch
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cut the baguette into slices, brush with oil and bake until slightly toasted.
- Rub garlic on the bread.
- Mix the tomatoes with the seasonings.
- Top each toast slice with tomato and top with fresh basil.
What are the best tomatoes to use?
I like to use slicer tomatoes for the bruschetta topping. They are juicy and meaty and work great. You can use quartered cherry tomatoes for a slightly sweeter bite if you prefer.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These tomato bruschetta are best constructed close to serving, but you can make the tomato mix and toasts ahead of time.
You can slice and toast the baguette and keep it in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days. The tomato mix can be kept covered in the fridge for a couple of days.
What’s the best bread to use?
Far and away a French baguette is the best choice for bruschetta. The slices make it the perfect size for finger food. Ciabatta also works nicely.
- Slice your bread as evenly as you can, and not to thick, but not to thin so that it falls apart.
- Rubbing the toasts with garlic adds a really nice subtle flavor.
- Fresh basil works great as a garnish for this tomato bruschetta, but you could also use another fresh herb like cilantro or parsley if you prefer.
This tomato bruschetta recipe is so simple and easy, but so fresh and tasty. It’s a great go to if you are entertaining.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.