Green Goddess Grilled Cheese
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
There's no better comfort food than this loaded Green Goddess Grilled Cheese! Grilled cheese stuffed with avocado, pesto, and lots of cheese. Obsessed!
- 2 slices oatmeal bread or your favorite whole grain option
- 2 slices mozzarella-provolone blend cheese or mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon boursin cheese this is an herb blend spreadable cheese. it's optional but SO delicious!
- 1 avocado cut into slices
- 4-5 large leaves basil
- 2 tablespoons Green Goddess Pesto recipe found HERE
- 2 tablespoons butter
Butter the outside side of each slice of bread.
Spread 1 tablespoon of the Green Goddess Pesto onto the inside of each slice of bread.
Top each a slice of mozzarella.
On one slice of bread, lay the avocado slices.
On the other slice, spread the boursin cheese onto the mozzarella. Top with the basil leaves.
Put the two slices of bread together to form your sandwich.
Place your sandwich on a preheated skillet over medium-high heat. Allow the underside of the bread to fully toast, and then carefully flip your sandwich.
Grill the other side of the bread, and allow your sandwich to get fully melty!!
Remove from heat and cut in half.
Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 1021kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 84g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 1232mg | Potassium: 1119mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 44.4% | Vitamin C: 24.4% | Calcium: 44.6% | Iron: 18.5%