(SUPER EASY) Chicken Nacho Casserole
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1 ounce packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup ***
- 1 cup cheddar cheese soup from a can ***
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 4.5 ounce can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 16 ounces Mexican blend cheese divided
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 6 cups tortilla chips lightly crushed and divided
- *** since this recipe calls for half cans...you should just double the recipe and make two casseroles! You won't regret it :)
Preheat oven to 350F
Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat.
In a large bowl, toss the cubed chicken in olive oil, taco seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the coated cubed chicken into the skillet and cook for approximately 7-10 minutes, or until fully cooked through. Make sure to flip chicken as it cooks. Set aside.
In another large bowl, stir together the soups, tomatoes, chiles, beans, cilantro, and ¾ of the Mexican blend cheese. Stir in the cooked chicken.
Start by placing 1/3 of the crushed chips in the bottom of your casserole dish. Then top with ½ of the chicken mixture.
Top with another layer of chips and then the rest of the chicken mixture. Put your last layer of chips on top and then cover with the remaining cheese.
Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until hot, bubbly, and melty.