Best Guacamole Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
The BEST GUACAMOLE RECIPE EVER! I'm a big fan of Mexican food and dips. So of course I'm obsessed with guacamole too. I cut this Simple Guacamole Recipe down to the basics and it is so fresh. Everything blends together to create the perfect, creamy flavor. This Homemade Guacamole Recipe is my favorite dip for Mexican dinners. I could eat it alll day!
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro divided
- 3 tablespoons white onion minced
- ½-¾ teaspoon kosher salt not table salt or fine grain salt
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper; stem seeds and membranes removed, diced
- 2 pounds avocados about 4 small halved and pitted & cubed.
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Chopped fresh tomatoes for garnish optional
Mash 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced onion, ½ teaspoon salt and jalapeno into a paste using a mortar and pestle. (SEE NOTE)
If the mortar is large enough, add the avocado and lime juice to the cilantro paste and lightly mash together to desired consistency. (If the mortar is too small, transfer all ingredients to a bowl to mix.) Gently mix in reserved cilantro.
Season to taste with more salt and/or lime juice.
Garnish with chopped tomatoes, if desired, and serve with chips.
- This is a well-balanced guacamole with mild heat. If more heat is desired, add another jalapeno.
- This recipe calls for a Mortar and Pestle. If you don't have one, you can use the bottom of a sturdy glass and a cutting board...or anything that could easily mash/crush ingredients together.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 740mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.8mg