Buffalo Wings Recipe
Crispy, juicy Buffalo Wings are the perfect game day appetizer!
- 2 pounds chicken drumettes and wingettes (approximately 20 pieces)
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Buffalo Sauce (click for recipe)
- Sliced green onion optional, for serving
Preheat oven to 250°F and spray a wire baking rack with nonstick spray. Set the rack over a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken with the baking powder and salt. Transfer the wings to the rack, in a single layer, with a little space between each one.
2 pounds chicken drumettes and wingettes, 1½ tablespoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Bake the wings in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, increase the temperature to 425°F and bake for an additional 45-50 minutes or until the chicken is crispy and golden brown.
Remove wings from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes.
Toss in the Homemade Buffalo Sauce and serve immediately garnished with sliced green onions, if desired.
1 cup Buffalo Sauce, Sliced green onion
Storage: Store Buffalo wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If you use frozen wings, make sure to thaw them overnight in the refrigerator before baking.
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel before coating. This will help the oil and rub stick well.
- For the evenest cooking, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil then set a wire rack on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the whole thing with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remember not to overcrowd the wings on the baking sheet. The more airflow they have, the more evenly they will cook and the crispier they will be.
Serving: 0.5pound | Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 2987mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 0.01g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 279mg | Iron: 2mg