Baked Buffalo Wings are a tasty alternative to typical fried buffalo wings (and a bit healthier too!). These crispy baked chicken wings are covered in our homemade buffalo sauce for the perfect hot and spicy flavor. Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings are a real crowd pleaser and perfect for game day parties. You’re going to love these crispy oven baked buffalo wings!
Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe
Baked Buffalo Wings are a healthier alternative to fried buffalo wings. These baked buffalo chicken wings are covered in our homemade buffalo sauce & they’re absolutely delicious!
There’s nothing like a crispy baked chicken wing covered in spicy homemade buffalo sauce! These baked buffalo wings wouldn’t be complete without it. I showed you how to make buffalo sauce in another post, and now you can slather that allll over these baked buffalo chicken wings! Hot, spicy, and just a little bit sweet, just the way I like it.
Make these hot oven baked buffalo wings for your next game day party and serve them with a side of homemade ranch.
These Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings with Homemade Buffalo Sauce are gonna make all of your game day guests so happy!
Crispy Baked Chicken Wings with Homemade Buffalo Sauce
Oven baked buffalo chicken wings are hot, crispy, and so perfectly delicious! I love the spicy flavor of these baked buffalo wings and I can’t get enough of them!
I’ll be serving them at every game day party along with my other buffalo wing recipes, because you can never have enough chicken wings, right? And of course I’ll prepare all the amazing dipping sauces to go with them. But this baked buffalo wings recipe wouldn’t be complete without the homemade buffalo sauce to go with it. You HAVE to try this easy sauce on your crispy baked chicken wings. It is so, so yummy!
We love to make these Crispy Baked Chicken Wings using Homemade Buffalo Sauce. You can do it too! It’s SO easy!
How to Make Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
Traditional buffalo wings are fried, but I love these baked buffalo wings because they get all the crispiness and flavor of a fried chicken wing without the fat and extra calories! Now I’m not saying that these baked buffalo chicken wings are HEALTHY, but I am saying that they are healthier. And that’s good enough for me!
How to Bake Buffalo Wings:
- Heat oven to 250°, spray baking rack with nonstick spray, & set rack over baking sheet covered in aluminum foil
- Combine chicken wings with baking powder & salt, then transfer to baking rack
- Bake chicken wings for 30 minutes
- Raise the heat to 425° & bake another 45 minutes
- Remove from oven & let buffalo wings cool for 5 minutes
- Toss the baked buffalo wings in homemade buffalo sauce
These easy baked buffalo chicken wings will come out super crispy, and you can coat them in as much (or as little) buffalo sauce as you like!
Recommended Products to make Baked Buffalo Wings
How long do you bake buffalo wings in the oven?
For this baked buffalo wings recipe, there are two steps for cooking. First, you’ll bake them at 250° for about 30 minutes. Then you’ll raise the oven temperature to 425° and bake them for another 45 minutes. I found that this is the best way to get them super crispy, which is how I prefer them!
Do you cover baked chicken wings in the oven?
I did not cover the buffalo wings while baking them. They still stayed plenty moist, while the skin managed to get really crispy.
Make sure you try these baked buffalo wings as soon as possible! You’re going to love how crispy these baked buffalo chicken wings are, and with the homemade buffalo sauce, they’ll be perfectly spicy. Serve these on game day, or any time you’re feeling like you need some baked chicken wings.
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Baked Buffalo Wings. Enjoy!
If you like these baked buffalo chicken wings, you’ll love these other recipes too:
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- The Best Fried Buffalo Wings
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Buffalo Shrimp Tacos
- Heat oven to 250°F and spray a baking rack with nonstick spray. Set the rack over a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken with the baking powder and salt. Transfer the wings to the rack, in a single layer, with a little space between each one. Cook 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, raise the heat to 425°F and cook an additional 45-50 minutes or until the chicken is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove wings from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- Toss in the Homemade Buffalo Sauce and serve immediately with celery sticks and garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.