Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
This Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake is so cheesy, so creamy, and so full of flavor! I love this Chicken Alfredo Casserole for easy weeknight dinners. It's filled with chicken, cheese, tomatoes, pasta, and vegetables, and cooked in a creamy Alfredo sauce. I can't get enough of this Chicken Alfredo Bake!
- 16 ounces Mini Bowtie Farfalle Pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium sweet yellow onion diced
- 1 red pepper ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash cut into ½“ pieces
- 1 medium zucchini cut into ½“ pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup dry white wine or unsalted chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or Half-and-Half
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken meat shredded or cubed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated, divided
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan or shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 10.5 ounce container of Glory or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Unsalted chicken broth as needed for thinning.
Heat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain and set aside.
Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat and add the butter and oil. When the butter has stopped bubbling, add the diced onion and red pepper, and sauté the mixture for 2 minutes. Add the chopped squash and zucchini. Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper, to taste.
Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes (the vegetables should be almost fork-tender).
Add the minced garlic, stir and cook 1 minute.
Add the wine, while scraping the bottom of the pan, to deglaze the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium-low.
Add the heavy cream, whisking constantly, and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Cook the mixture for 2 minutes to thicken.
Add the drained pasta, chicken and ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until well combined.
If the pasta/chicken mixture seems too thick, add additional chicken broth to thin a little.
Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared casserole dish (*see note) and sprinkle the shredded or shaved Parmesan over the top.
Spread the halved tomatoes on top and sprinkle with the other ½ cup of grated Parmesan.
Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
Remove the Pasta Bake from the oven and sprinkle with fresh, chopped basil.
*Note: The Pasta Bake can be baked right in the Dutch oven instead of transferring it to a casserole dish.
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 273mg | Potassium: 421mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 25% | Vitamin C: 36.7% | Calcium: 21.9% | Iron: 8.4%