Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 12 people
Baked spinach artichoke dip is a great dish to serve to serve to guests over the holiday period, or any time for that matter! This hot appetizer only takes 10 minutes to prep and it's on the table in 30. Perfect for all of your dipping needs!
For the Bread Crumb Topping:
- 2 slices hearty white bread torn into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the Dip:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow or white onion diced
- 18 ounces frozen artichoke hearts thawed, squeezed dry & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half or cream
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can water chestnuts drained and chopped
For the Breadcrumb Topping:
For the Dip:
Heat large skillet over medium heat and add 1-tablespoon butter and 1-tablespoon oil.
When the oil/butter are heated (before butter burns), add onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are softened, 4-5 minutes.
Add artichokes and cook, stirring often, 4-5 minutes or until they have a lightly browned.
Add garlic, stir and cook another 30 seconds.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir until melted.
Sprinkle the flour over the vegetable mixture and cook 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
Slowly stir in the half-and-half, Parmesan, lemon juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire Sauce and salt.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until thickened.
Remove from the heat, add spinach and water chestnuts; stir well.
Season to taste and add additional salt, if needed. Stir.
Pour the spinach/artichoke mixture into the prepared baking dish and cover evenly with the breadcrumb topping.
Bake 20 minutes at 350°F, or until golden brown on top and bubbling hot throughout.
Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Serve hot with crackers or sliced vegetables.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 510mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3240IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 244mg | Iron: 1mg