Baked spinach artichoke dip is a great dish to serve to serve to guests over the holiday period, or any time for that matter! This hot appetizer only takes 10 minutes to prep and it’s on the table in 30. Perfect for all of your dipping needs!
There’s nothing quite like a hot cheesy dip to serve to guests – it’s always a crowd pleaser! This is so easy to make, this should be your go to dip for all of your holiday entertaining!
How to Make This Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Heat oven to 350°F and set oven rack to middle position.
- Spray a 1-quart baking dish or soufflé dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
FOR THE BREADCRUMB TOPPING:
- Place bread, panko crumbs and Parmesan in a food processor fitted with the metal attachment. Pulse the bread 3-4 seconds. Drizzle in the oil and pulse 2-3 times. Set aside.
FOR THE DIP:
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and add 1-tablespoon butter and 1-tablespoon oil.
- When the oil/butter are heated (before butter burns), add onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Add artichokes and cook, stirring often, 4-5 minutes or until they have a lightly browned.
- Add garlic, stir and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir until melted.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetable mixture and cook 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Slowly stir in the half-and-half, Parmesan, lemon juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire Sauce and salt.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat, add spinach and water chestnuts; stir well.
- Season to taste and add additional salt, if needed. Stir.
- Pour the spinach/artichoke mixture into the prepared baking dish and cover evenly with the breadcrumb topping.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350°F, or until golden brown on top and bubbling hot throughout.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
What do you serve with Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip?
This dip should be served to the table hot and I like to serve with a selection of sliced vegetables and a variety of crackers or chips. These are some of my favorite things to serve with this dip:
Can this dip be made ahead of time?
You can assemble this dip ahead of time and place it covered in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook it. This makes it a great dip for entertaining. You can also freeze the dip after baking, just let it cool and then cover completely. Defrost in the refrigerator before heating through.
Cheesy Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
Parmesan cheese is the only cheese used in this recipe, but that’s all you need! It’s strong flavor works so well with the artichoke and spinach and makes this appetizer oh so delicious! This dip will keep guests coming back for me – be sure to serve it with enough crackers!
Top Tips to Make This Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Use panko breadcrumbs for the topping, they will be a lot crunchier than the normal ones.
- Bake the dip in a pre heated oven for the best results.
- Let the dip rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Leftovers can be stored covered in the fridge and reheated.
Be sure to check out these other tasty dip recipes!
- Easy Queso Blanco Dip with Chorizo
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Garlic Herb Tomato Goat Cheese Dip
- Margarita Guacamole Dip Recipe (Tequila Guacamole)