Homemade Tartar Sauce
Homemade Tartar Sauce tastes so much fresher than store-bought, and learning how to make Tartar Sauce at home is simple. This easy Tartar Sauce Recipe just requires a few ingredients and some mixing. It's the perfect sauce for fish and seafood recipes, like these tasty crab cakes. I just love the way the flavors of classic tartar sauce mix together with fresh seafood!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced dill pickles
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot or green onions
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce optional
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley optional
Whisk all ingredients in a medium-mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
The tartar sauce will keep up to one week refrigerated.
Serving: 1tablespoon | Calories: 63kcal | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 3mg | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 2mg