Sweet and Spicy Bourbon Chicken Recipe
Bourbon Chicken is one of our favorite easy Chinese Takeout meals to make at home on busy nights. This Bourbon Chicken Recipe is the best sweet and spicy chicken recipe, with the best bourbon chicken sauce. Even better, you can make it in minutes! So much flavor and so little fuss!
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed or 1 tsp. pre-minced garlic
- 1/4 t. ginger
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c. apple juice or apple sauce
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 2 T. ketchup
- 1 T. cider vinegar
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/3 c. soy sauce or Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce
- 2 T. Bourbon opt.
- Cooked White Rice I use Minute Rice - prepared per instructions
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened to the desired consistency.
Serve over hot rice.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 350mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.2mg