Frozen Strawberry Margaritas Recipe
Servings: 6 people
Make deliciously fruity Frozen Strawberry Margaritas from home with the quick and easy blender margarita recipe!
For 2 Servings:
- 1 cup 8 ounces frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons 1 ounce Cointreau
- 2 tablespoons 1 ounce fresh lime juice (about 1½ limes)
- ¼ cup 2 ounces Tequila Resposado
- 2 tablespoons 1 ounce agave syrup or simple syrup
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup 8 ounces ice
For 6 Servings:
- 4 cups 32 ounces frozen strawberries
- ½ cup 4 ounces Cointreau
- ½ cup 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 cup 8 ounces Tequila Resposado
- ½ cup 4 ounces agave syrup or simple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups 32 ounces ice
For the Salt/Zest rim:
- 2 tablespoons margarita salt
- Zest of ½ lime
- 1 tablespoons raw sugar Turbinado, optional
Rub the rim of the glasses with a lime slice and dip in the prepared salt blend; set aside.
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix on CHOP until desired consistency.
Pour into prepared glasses, garnish with fresh strawberries and a lime wedge.
Serve immediately. Any leftovers can be frozen in an airtight container and kept up to 2 months.
- For a delicious, fizzy twist, add about ¼ cup sparkling fruit juice (sparkling cranberry juice is fabulous) or clear soda to each serving of the frozen margarita mixture and stir.
- To make your own simple syrup, just boil down 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a pan on low heat, until clear.
- Taste test the margarita after mixing to see if you want it sweeter before adding agave or simple syrup.
- To rim the glasses, use a saucer and gently press and twist the rim flat into the salt mix.
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2329mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg