Make deliciously fruity Frozen Strawberry Margaritas from home with the quick and easy blender margarita recipe!
Frozen Strawberry Margaritas
It’s time to chillax in the sun with a smooth and refreshing Frozen Strawberry Margarita! Only a handful of ingredients and minimal prep make these summer cocktails a favorite for any BBQ, party or balmy summer eve!
This is like an adult slushy but it feels lighter and less weighed down with sugar.
Why you’ll love this Frozen Strawberry Margarita!
- Smooth and fruity. These margaritas as fresh, fruity and super smooth, a quick blitz in the blender and you have yourself a party in a glass.
- An easy summer cocktail. Whether you whip up a small batch or you’re making it for a crowd, there’s only a few ingredients needed. It’ll be ready in 5 mins!
- Great make ahead cocktail. Have this Frozen Strawberry Margarita right away or store in the freezer for later. Perfect to get ahead of the party prep.
How to make a Frozen Strawberry Magarita
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prep the glasses. Rub the rim of the glasses with a lime slice and dip in the prepared salt blend; set aside.
- Blend. Place all ingredients in a blender and mix on CHOP until desired consistency.
- Garnish. Top with fresh strawberries, lime wedge, serve ad enjoy!
Can you make these Frozen Strawberry Margaritas ahead of time?
Absolutely! Whip up this margarita mix a day a head of time and keep it in the freezer. The alcohol keeps the margarita from freezing completely, it stays more in that satisfying slushy form.
Just give the mix a quick blitz in the blender to liven it up just before serving.
Can I add other flavors?
Strawberry on its own works beautifully, but you can totally add in other fruit too. Mango is great, as is raspberry – have fun with your favorite fruity flavors!
Do I have to use sugar in a Frozen Margarita?
No, you can leave out the sugar and use agave nectar. Sugar obviously adds a sweetness to proceedings but by no means is it essential.
Without the sugar you get more of a tarty punch, which is lovely too!
Cheers my Dears
20 Best Margarita Recipes
See our guide for How to Make Margaritas including all our fave go-to recipes.
- For a delicious, fizzy twist, add about ¼ cup sparkling fruit juice (sparkling cranberry juice is fabulous) or clear soda to each serving of the frozen margarita mixture and stir.
- To make your own simple syrup, just boil down 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a pan on low heat, until clear.
- Taste test the margarita after mixing to see if you want it sweeter before adding agave or simple syrup.
- To rim the glasses, use a saucer and gently press and twist the rim flat into the salt mix.
Other delicious cocktails
- Blood Orange Paloma Cocktail
- Citrus Smash Cocktail
- Peach Lemonade Cocktail
- Tropical Mimosa
- Red White and Blue Margarita Slushies
Have you tried this Frozen Margarita recipe? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Really great recipe! I used a stick blender in the end & that gave me that beautiful slushy texture. Everyone loved these, even my tequila hating friend :0)
I’d call that a success! Thanks for sharing, Louise!