One Pot Chili Mac
Servings: 6 people
Take your weeknight meals to another level with this one pot chili mac! So easy to make and ready to serve in 30 minutes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 10 oz macaroni noodles
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 14.5 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pinto beans
- 1 cup chili beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley to garnish
In a medium pot add olive oil, garlic, and diced onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add seasonings and ground beef and cook until brown, about 4-5 minutes.
Stir in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, pinto beans and chili beans. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently.
Once the mixture is simmering, add in the macaroni noodles and bring to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, reduce back to a simmer and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until noodles are fully cooked.
Remove from heat, top with cheese, and let it rest (do not stir) until the cheese is melted. About 3 minutes.
Scoop into bowls and sprinkle with extra cheese if desired and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Make this chili mac in a dutch oven or heavy bottomed pan. It will distribute the heat more evenly making it less likely to catch.
- Make sure that the macaroni is fully cooked before taking the pan off of the heat.
- If making ahead of time, make sure that it is fully cooled before storing.
- You can also freeze the chili mac for up to 6 months.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 1136mg | Potassium: 864mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 463IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 220mg | Iron: 5mg