Fruit Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Chips
Servings: 8 people
This delicious fruit salsa is served with cinnamon pita chips for a fun and colorful appetizer or dessert. Simple and easy to make and perfect for the summer.
For the Fruit Salsa
- 16 ounces strawberries stems removed and finely diced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 kiwis peeled and finely diced
- 1 granny smith apple peeled, core removed, and finely diced
- 1 Honey Crisp apple peeled, core removed, and finely diced
- 1 cup pineapple peeled and finely diced
- 4 Tablespoons raspberry fruit preserves
- 1 Tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
For the Cinnamon Chips:
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 pita flat bread
- Cooking spray
For the Fruit Salsa
Add the strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, pineapple, raspberry fruit preserves, granulated white sugar, lemon juice, honey, lime juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg into one large bowl and mix together.
Add the granny smith and Honey Crisp apple and incorporate well.
Store fruit in the refrigerator while you make the cinnamon crisps.
For the Cinnamon Chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl, stir together granulated sugar and ground cinnamon until combined.
Cut Pita flat bread in two 6 pieces (similar to how you would cut a pizza) to form chip shaped pieces.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lay the pieces of bread on top of the parchment paper.
Spray each piece with cooking spray and generously sprinkle your sugar and cinnamon mixture on top.
Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Serve with the fruit salsa. Enjoy!
- Cut the fruits into small and even pieces so that they are easy to scoop.
- Store the salsa covered in the fridge. It is best enjoyed within a couple of days.
- Make this recipe vegan by swapping the honey for maple syrup.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 82mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1mg