This delicious fruit salsa is served with cinnamon pita chips for a fun and colorful appetizer or dessert. Simple and easy to make and perfect for the summer.
Easy Fruit Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Pita Chips
This fresh fruit salsa is so delicious and bursting with vibrant colors and flavors. Served with some crispy cinnamon chips, it’s perfect for scooping all year round!
Why you’ll love this Fruit Salsa recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: Ready to serve in 20 minutes, there’s nothing complicated about this recipe.
- KID FRIENDLY: Your picky eaters will love the cinnamon toast, and you’ll love that they are eating some fruit!
- HEALTHY: Full of fresh fruits that are packed with vitamins and minerals, this is a great healthy dessert option.
How to make Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Add all the fruit (except the apple) with the rest of the salsa ingredients and mix together.
- Stir in the apples and refrigerate.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut the pita bread into chips and spray with oil.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake.
Can you make it ahead of time?
This is a great make ahead dish, although if you are planning to make it ahead, I would recommend that you don’t add the apples in until just before serving as they will start to brown.
Although the cinnamon chips are at their crispiest right out of the oven, they will keep well in an air tight container for around 3 days at room temperature.
Can you use other fruits?
I love this combination of fruits, but you can easily add in others like blueberries, mango and oranges. If you add in fruits like bananas that brown quickly, don’t add them in til you are ready to serve.
Can you use tinned or frozen fruits?
Fresh is best for this fruit salsa. You can use tinned fruits, but be sure to drain them well of any syrup or water before using.
Frozen fruits are best avoided, but if you use them, thaw them fully and pat dry of any excess moisture or your salsa will be quite watery.
- Cut the fruits into small and even pieces so that they are easy to scoop.
- Store the salsa covered in the fridge. It is best enjoyed within a couple of days.
- Make this recipe vegan by swapping the honey for maple syrup.
This fruit salsa is so perfectly refreshing and the cinnamon pita chips really are something else! So simple and easy to make, but super delicious!
More Fruity Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.