Crockpot Hawaiian Ribs Recipe
Servings: 6 people
Get the most succulent and tender ribs effortlessly with your trusty Crockpot. These Hawaiian ribs are a delicious dump and go recipe that will leave you wanting more!
- 1 red onion cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 lbs. ribs trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups fresh pineapple diced
Spread sliced onions evenly in the bottom of the crock pot. Place ribs on top of onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, Sriracha, and apple cider vinegar. Pour mixture evenly over the ribs.
Cook on low for 7 hours. Add pineapple to the crock pot and stir slightly so the pineapple is coated in the crock pot liquid. Continue to cook for one more hour.
Carefully remove ribs, pineapple and onions from crock pot. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Pour remaining liquid into a small saucepan. Skim excess fat from the surface. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid is reduced by half and slightly thickened.
Brush reduced liquid over the ribs.
Spoon pineapple and onions over rice to serve.
- The sriracha adds flavor rather than heat, but if you are particularly sensitive to spicy foods you can swap it for ketchup.
- I found that cooking on low for 7 hours produced the best ribs, but you can cook them on high for 4 hours if you are short on time.
Calories: 849kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 65g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Trans Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 170mg | Sodium: 725mg | Potassium: 643mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 4mg