Strawberry Lemonade Recipe (Mocktail or Cocktail)
Servings: 6 people
Perfectly refreshing and so simple to make, this homemade strawberry lemonade is the perfect drink this summer. Enjoy with or without alcohol.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 10 strawberries with the ends cut off
- 1 cup of lemon juice about 6 lemons, freshly squeezed
- ¾ cup of vodka OPTIONAL
Add the water and sugar to saucepan over medium heat and let it heat for 5 minutes then remove the pot from the heat and let it cool completely.
Add the strawberries, lemon juice, vodka (if using...this is completely optional. This strawberry lemonade is a delicious mocktail or cocktail) and cooled syrup to a blender and blend until smooth.
Place a fine mesh strainer over a pitcher and strain the lemonade into the pitcher.
Serve over ice, sliced lemons and strawberries if you like and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- The vodka is completely optional. We actually make this more as a mocktail than cocktail. It's a versatile and delicious drink recipe for anytime of year, but especially Summer!
- Don't add ice to the pitcher, instead pour the strawberry lemonade over ice in glasses. If you add ice directly to the pitcher it will melt and dilute the drink.
- Don't be tempted to use bottled lemon juice for this recipe. It won't have the same zing, trust me, it's worth juicing fresh!
- Nutritional values are based on one of six drinks without vodka.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg