Perfectly refreshing and so simple to make, this homemade strawberry lemonade is the perfect drink this summer. Enjoy with or without alcohol.
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade (Cocktail or Mocktail!)
Looking for a refreshing drink to cool down with? I’ve got you covered with this delicious strawberry lemonade!
Made with fresh strawberries and lemon juice, it’s the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. Make it with or without alcohol, your choice!
Why you’ll love this Easy Strawberry Lemonade recipe:
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You just need sugar, strawberries and lemon juice to make this drink, and some water!
- QUICK AND EASY: Super easy to make, it takes no more than 15 minutes to make a big batch.
- MAKE AHEAD: This is a great drink to have in your fridge to grab for some quick refreshment. Be sure to make double!
How to make Strawberry Lemonade from Scratch
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Heat together the water and sugar and let cool.
- Add the strawberries, lemon juice and syrup to a blender and blend.
- Strain in a mesh strainer.
- Serve over ice.
How long does it keep?
Once you have made your strawberry lemonade, if you aren’t serving it straight away, keep it covered in the fridge. It will keep well for around a week. Just give it a little stir before enjoying.
Can you use frozen strawberries?
I find that it’s best to use fresh strawberries in this recipe, I find them much more juicier, but you can use frozen if that’s what you have to hand.
If using fresh, make sure that they are ripe for the fullest and sweetest flavor.
What can you spike it with?
If you want to turn this mocktail into a cocktail, you can add in your spirit of choice when you blend the fruits.
I like to use vodka so that it doesn’t take away from flavors, but gin or white rum will work well too.
- The vodka is completely optional. We actually make this more as a mocktail than cocktail. It’s a versatile and delicious drink recipe for anytime of year, but especially Summer!
- Don’t add ice to the pitcher, instead pour the strawberry lemonade over ice in glasses. If you add ice directly to the pitcher it will melt and dilute the drink.
- Don’t be tempted to use bottled lemon juice for this recipe. It won’t have the same zing, trust me, it’s worth juicing fresh!
This strawberry lemonade is so perfectly fresh, it’s going to be your drink for the summer! Bright, vibrant and full of flavor, it’s one delicious sip!
More Lemonade Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.