Instant Pot Queso Dip Recipe
Servings: 8 people
Whip up a batch of queso dip in just 15 minutes with this easy Instant Pot recipe. Perfectly cheesy and loaded with flavor, it's time to grab those tortillas!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced (and seeded to your heat level preference)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with chiles 1 can
- ½ cup vegetable broth or any broth or stock, or water
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Tortilla chips for serving
Press Saute on a 6-quart Instant Pot. When the display reads “hot”, add the butter and allow it to melt.
Add the onions and jalapeno and saute 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Season with garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and cayenne (if using).
Press Cancel, then add the tomatoes and broth, stirring well. Add the cream cheese cubes on top of the mixture; do not stir.
Secure the lid and pressure valve, and cook on Manual High Pressure for 1 minute. Perform a quick release, then carefully remove the lid.
Add the heavy cream and stir, then gradually add the shredded cheeses, 1 cup at a time, stirring well until it’s completely melted.
Allow the queso to thicken for a few minutes, then transfer it to a serving bowl. Garnish with jalapeno slices and diced tomatoes (if desired), and enjoy with a big bowl of tortilla chips.
- Dice the onion and jalapeno fairly small so that they mix in with the rest of the ingredients.
- You can add more or less cayenne depending on how spicy you like things.
- I make this with vegetable stock to keep it meat-free, but you can use chicken, beef or just water.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 590mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1378IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 460mg | Iron: 1mg