Whip up a batch of queso dip in just 15 minutes with this easy Instant Pot recipe. Perfectly cheesy and loaded with flavor, it’s time to grab those tortillas!
Instant Pot Queso Dip Recipe
Love queso dip but don’t want to spend time watching a pot? This Instant Pot recipe has you covered!
It’s no secret that I love anything cheesy, and this dip hits all the right notes. Perfect to serve as an appetizer for game day or Cinco de Mayo, this is a real crowd pleaser!
Be sure to try my Healthy Queso and Skillet Chicken con Queso too!
Why you’ll love this Instant Pot Queso recipe:
- QUICK: Ready to serve in just 15 minutes, this is a great last minute Mexican dish.
- CROWD PLEASER: The only regret about making this recipe is that you didn’t make more!
- SO EASY: There’s no complicated techniques needed to make up a batch of this. Let your pressure cooker do all the hard work.
How to make Queso in an Instant Pot
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Saute the onions and jalapeno in butter in the Instant Pot.
- Stir in the seasonings.
- Stir in the tomatoes and broth.
- Place the cheese cubes on top.
- Cook on high pressure.
- Stir in the cream and shredded cheeses.
- Allow to thicken and serve.
Can you make it ahead of time?
Queso needs to be served warm so that the cheese stays melted, if you don’t plan on serving it as soon as it’s ready, you can keep it on the warm setting for a couple of hours.
How do you reheat it?
If you have any leftovers, transfer it to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
It does reheat well in the microwave, just add a splash of milk to it and reheat in 15-30 second increments, stirring in between till heated fully through.
What do you serve it with?
This Instant Pot queso dip is my favorite Mexican appetizer, serve it up with some tortilla chips and everyone is happy! It’s also great drizzled onto your favorite Mexican mains like enchiladas, burritos and tacos.
If you are feeling a little healthy, serve up with some veggie sticks.
17+ Favorite Cheese Dips
Check out all the cheese dip recipes, our specialty!
- Dice the onion and jalapeno fairly small so that they mix in with the rest of the ingredients.
- You can add more or less cayenne depending on how spicy you like things.
- I make this with vegetable stock to keep it meat-free, but you can use chicken, beef or just water.
This Instant Pot queso dip recipe is a must for all of my fellow cheese lovers! It’s totally made for sharing, but I will not judge you if you eat it all to yourself!
More Queso Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.