Crockpot Kalua Pork Recipe
Servings: 8 people
Perfect shredded kalua pork is a breeze to make in your Crockpot. This dump and go recipe is so perfect in it's simplicity and it's so flavorful and juicy.
- 3 ½ - 4 pounds boneless pork butt or shoulder*
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon red Hawaiian sea salt or kosher salt
- Serving suggestions: Steamed rice macaroni salad, fresh pineapple wedges, sauteed cabbage
Place pork roast in the crock of a slow cooker. Drizzle with liquid smoke and rub all over the surface, then sprinkle with the salt.
Slow cook on low for 10-12 hours until fall-apart tender. Shred meat in the slow cooker and serve hot with your choice of sides.
- If using a bone-in roast, or a heavier roast, increase cook time to 12-14 hours.
- Liquid smoke adds an incredible flavor to this pork. If you don't have any, rubbing in some smoked paprika makes a good alternative.
Calories: 561kcal | Protein: 80g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 255mg | Sodium: 1153mg | Potassium: 1442mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 5mg