Easy Salsa Recipe - Super Bowl Snack!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Super Bowl Appetizers are the real winner on the big game day. No party would be complete without the best Super Bowl Appetizers and the Best Super Bowl Snacks. From dips to wings to sliders and more, all the best Super Bowl food ideas are right here!
- 56 ounces (2 cans) whole, peeled tomatoes drained (I prefer San Marzanos)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves rough chopped
- ½ medium white onion rough chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeds stem & membranes removed
- 1 clove garlic skin removed
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt or coarse sea salt if using table salt use ½ teaspoon
- Juice from 2½ limes
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until you get the desired consistency (12-18 pulses should do).
Taste test and season to taste
Place the salsa in an airtight container and refrigerate. The salsa is best after one hour of refrigeration and gets even better after 24 hours.
The salsa will keep up to 7 days, refrigerated.
Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 720mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 23.1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2.1mg