One Pan Southwest Chicken Alfredo Skillet
One Pan Southwest Chicken Alfredo Skillet, the answer to your EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL needs! Loaded with chicken, corn, beans, and more. SO yum.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 ounce 1 packet taco seasoning
- 7 ounces about 1/2 a can corn, drained and rinsed
- 7 ounces about 1/2 a can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 7 ounces about 1/2 a can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish
Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
Toss in the chicken cubes and brown each side for about 1-2 minutes. You don't have to cook the chicken completely through, but enough so they are almost cooked.
Add minced garlic to the skillet and continue cooking for another minute.
Pour in the cream, broth, and taco seasoning and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Add pasta and bring to a light boil, stirring occasionally.
Once boiling, reduce heat to low and add in corn, beans, and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Cover and allow to cook for about 20 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
Just before serving, stir in your parmesan cheese and garnish with either chopped cilantro or parsley.
Serve hot. Enjoy!
- Drain and rinse the corn and black beans before using. They can be quite salty if not rinsed.
- You can also use frozen or fresh corn.
- I like to make this with black beans, but red kidney beans would work great too.
Calories: 880kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 992mg | Potassium: 999mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2335IU | Vitamin C: 12.5mg | Calcium: 255mg | Iron: 3.7mg