One Pan Southwest Chicken Alfredo Skillet, is the answer to your EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL needs! Loaded with chicken, corn, beans, and more. SO yum!
Southwest Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Sometimes we just need a big helping of comfort, and this skillet dinner is everything!
Bring on the comfort and the cheese!
Why you will love this recipe!
- One skillet: Weeknight meals are no fun if there’s lots of clean up to do afterwards! Clean up is a breeze with this recipe.
- Quick: Ready to serve in 30 minutes, this is a perfect meal after a busy day.
- So comforting: Delicious, easy, cheesy and all kinds of yum. The whole family will love this!
How to make One Pan Southwest Chicken Alfredo
Be sure to scroll down for the full recipe!
- Brown the chicken cubes in the skillet.
- Add the garlic.
- Pour in the cream and broth and stir in the seasonings.
- Add the pasta and boil.
- Add in the corn, beans and tomatoes.
- Cook til pasta is al dente.
- Stir in the cheese and serve.
Can you make it ahead of time?
This Southwest chicken alfredo is best served as soon as it’s ready, but leftovers will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop to serve.
What’s the best pasta to use?
I made this with penne pasta, but it will work well with most short shaped like fusilli, macaroni or farfelle. You can use whole wheat pasta, but the cooking time will increase slightly, or use a a gluten-free pasta if you have an intolerance.
What do you serve it with?
This is a delicious, comforting and filling meal all by itself, but it’s great to serve with some Texas toast or a side of veggies. You can easily add in more veggies as well if you like, like onions or mushrooms, when the chicken is browning.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Drain and rinse the corn and black beans before using. They can be quite salty if not rinsed.
- You can also use frozen or fresh corn.
- I like to make this with black beans, but red kidney beans would work great too.
This Southwest chicken alfredo is one delicious and easy dinner. All cooked in the skillet on the stovetop, it’s a perfect go to after a busy day.