Sweet Potato Dog Treat Recipe
Servings: 50 Treats
Treat your furry best friend with these homemade sweet potato dog treats. Made with natural and healthy ingredients that they'll love!
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour plus more for rolling dough
Preheat oven to 350.
Add sweet potatoes, eggs, applesauce to a mixing bowl and mix well. Stir in flour. Mixture will be stiff and sometimes it's easier to mix with your hands than to bend a metal spoon.
Divide dough in half and roll onto a surface covered with additional flour until about 1/8" thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut shapes and place onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until dry and crispy. Remove from oven. let stand on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to completely cool on a cooling rack.
Serve when cooled or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Makes 50 large treats.
- I used a bone shaped cookie cutter for these treats, but you can use whatever you have to hand.
- Let the sweet potato dog treats cool fully before giving them to your dog or storing.
- These are treats and not meant to replace your dogs regular meals.
Calories: 26kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 388IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg