Treat your furry best friend with these homemade sweet potato dog treats. Made with natural and healthy ingredients that they’ll love!
This one is for all the dogs out there – I know I have a lot of furry readers!
These sweet potato dog treats are the perfect way to say ‘I love you buddy’ to your fur babies!
Simple to make, dogs love these biscuits and they are so fun to make!
Why you’ll love this Sweet Potato Dog Treat recipe:
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You just need four simple ingredients to make a batch of these treats.
- EASY: Just mix the ingredients together, roll and cut them out and bake in the oven. Simple!
- LARGE BATCH: This recipe will make 50 dog treats, plenty to keep your pooch happy for a while!
How to make Sweet Potato Dog Treats
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix together the sweet potatoes, eggs and applesauce.
- Stir in the flour.
- Roll out and cut with a cookie cutter.
- Bake on a baking sheet.
Why make homemade pet treats?
Not only is it way more economical to make a batch of dog treats, but you know exactly what’s going in to them.
Made with no preservatives or additives, these dog treats are mad with just natural and healthy ingredients.
How to store
Once your sweet potato dog treats are fully cooled, place them in an airtight container. They will keep for several weeks at room temperature.
Should you peel the sweet potatoes?
Yes, always remove the skin of the sweet potatoes as these can be difficult for your dig to digest.
You can peel the sweet potatoes and cook them in boiling water until tender, or you can roast them and then peel them. Then you just need to mash them up and mix with the other ingredients.
- I used a bone shaped cookie cutter for these treats, but you can use whatever you have to hand.
- Let the sweet potato dog treats cool fully before giving them to your dog or storing.
- These are treats and not meant to replace your dogs regular meals.
Wrap up paragraph closing out the recipe keywords etc.
More Pet Treat Recipes we Love
- Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- Homemade Cat Treats
- Tuna and Catnip Cat Treats
- Oat and Apple Pretzel Dog Treats
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!