Esquites Mexican Corn Salad Recipe
Servings: 8 servings
Simple to make with basic ingredients, esquites is a Mexican street food snack and it's so delicious! This Mexican corn salad is wonderfully creamy and cheesy and perfectly seasoned.
- 4 cups of corn cut off of the cob or canned corn*
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of table crema
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup of queso fresco
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder or tajin seasoning
Mix the corn, mayonnaise, table crema, lime juice and salt together in a large bowl.
Fill the cups that you are using half-way and sprinkle in a layer of queso fresco then a bit of chili powder or tajin on top, then fill the cups all the way with the corn mixture.
Sprinkle the top with some more queso fresco and tajin or chili powder and serve immediately.
- These esquites can be stored for up to five days in an airtight container in the fridge, without the queso fresco and tajin or chili powder.
- *Freshly cooked corn on the cob, then cut off works best for this.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 342mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 385IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg