Grilled Onion Swiss Burgers Recipe
Servings: 4 people
Nothing says summer more than a grilled burger and these caramelized onion Swiss burgers are everything! Simple to make and ready to serve in 20 minutes!
For the Burgers:
- 1 1/2 pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 buns
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions See Recipe
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Mix together all ingredients for the burgers in a large bowl. Shape the mixture into 4 equal patties.
Cook the burger patties until they’re done to your preference, about 7 to 9 minutes per side, flipping once.
When they’re almost done, put 1 slice of cheese on each burger, cover the grill, and let the cheese melt.
If desired, split the buns in half and toast them (cut side down) on the grill for a couple minutes.
To serve, put each burger on a bun and top each with 2 tablespoons caramelized onions. (See Note)
- See our post on how to easily cook caramelized onions.
- Don't overwork the beef mixture or the burgers can become tough and chewy. Everything should be just combined.
- Don't be tempted to press the burgers down on the grill or keep flipping them. Let them cook without constantly moving them.
Calories: 554kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 461mg | Potassium: 628mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 163IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 15mg