Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
Servings: 6 people
Simple to make but so refreshing and delicious, these classic cucumber sandwiches are a delight! Made with a herb cream cheese, they are perfect for afternoon teas and lunches.
- 4 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 10-12 slices of white bread
- 1 English cucumber about 36-54 slices, sliced
Stir the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth then add the mayo and stir again until smooth.
Add the garlic powder, dill, pepper and salt and stir together then add more salt to taste if needed.
Spread the cream cheese spread on two slices of bread then layer 6-9 slices of cucumber on the bottom half then top with the top slice of bread.
Repeat the process with the remaining bread, cucumbers and cream cheese spread.
Slice off the edges of the sandwiches then slice the sandwiches in half and serve.
- This cream cheese spread can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- I find that white bread is best for these cucumber sandwiches, but you can use brown or whole grain if you prefer.
- Spread the cream cheese on both slices of the bread. This will act as a barrier to the moisture in the cucumbers so that your bread doesn't get soggy.
- These sandwiches can be served straight away, but they are really delicious when chilled in the fridge first.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 323IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 2mg