This post is sponsored by DeLallo. All opinions are my own.
This hearty and comforting chicken parmesan soup is so easy to make and ready to serve in 30 minutes. Made with rotisserie chicken, tomatoes, pasta and lots of cheese, you are going to love this flavorful soup!
- Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Soup
- Why you’ll love Chicken Parmesan Soup:
- Chicken Parm Soup with Penne Pasta
- What’s the best chicken to use?
- Can you make it ahead of time?
- How do you thicken the soup?
- More Soup Recipes we Love
- Chicken Taco Soup (Pantry Staples)
- Chicken Mac and Cheese Soup (Macaroni Soup)
- Crockpot Chili Recipe
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup with Pie Crust Crackers
- Cheesy Parmesan Meatball Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Tomato Soup
- Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Chicken Parmesan Soup Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Soup
This is a great easy dinner to serve up to your family, it’s full of flavor and so hearty thanks to the pasta. It’s filling, warming and good for your soul!
Why you’ll love Chicken Parmesan Soup:
- Quick: It takes about 30 minutes to make this soup from scratch and it all comes together in one pot.
- Filling: This is not a watery and thin soup. It’s wonderfully thick and can easily be served as a main with some crusty bread.
- Flavorful: If you love chicken parm, you will love this soup! It’s so wonderfully rich and cheesy, we couldn’t get enough of it!
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
Chicken Parm Soup with Penne Pasta
This recipe wouldn’t be complete without our very favorite DeLallo ingredients!!
If you follow us at all you know we are a HUGE fan of DeLallo Foods. Just such high quality Italian food products, especially their pasta. For this recipe we used their Penne Ziti and the quality is second to none. It’s a noticeable difference, and I’m so proud to represent their products.
We also used my all-time FAVORITE DeLallo product, San Marzano Style Crushed Tomatoes. I cannot tell you how full of flavor these AMAZING tomatoes are. I keep tens of these cans at my house at all times, and I hope to never run out! Absolutely delish and a must-buy.
What’s the best chicken to use?
I used shredded rotisserie chicken in this chicken parmesan soup, so it’s super quick and easy to make.
Can you make it ahead of time?
This soup is best served as soon as it’s made. If it sits for too long, the pasta will take on excess moisture and it will become soggy. It will still be delicious though!
If you do have leftovers, store them in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days and it can be reheated on the stovetop.
How do you thicken the soup?
This soup comes out pretty thick once the parmesan has been stirred in and it has melted. If you prefer an even thicker soup, mix a tablespoon of cornstarch and a tablespoon of water together and stir that in.
You shouldn’t need it for this recipe, and wait until the cheese has melted before you do this.
- Make the soup in a heavy bottomed pan or dutch oven. This will distribute heat more evenly and the bottom is less likely to catch.
- The pasta should be cooked al dente when you add the chicken in. It will continue to cook after this time.
- Serve this chicken parmesan soup with lots of crusty bread!
More Soup Recipes we Love
After you’re done enjoying this cozy Chicken Parm Soup, be sure to make some of our other favorite easy soup recipes.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.