This Queso Recipe is the most delicious white cheese dip you will ever taste. If you’re looking for an easy queso dip recipe, you’ve come to the right place. No velveeta, just real quality cheese and ingredients melted together and ready to dip. Just like at your favorite Mexican restaurant.
Why this is the best queso recipe
White Cheese Dip is the stuff dreams are made of. A great salsa or queso recipe can be life changing! I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect white cheese dip recipe for years and years, and this one has finally completed me. If you haven’t made homemade queso blanco before, then today is the day. SO YUMMY!
I feel like I’ve been searching for the perfect restaurant style queso recipe to serve on Taco Night and Cinco de Mayo my entire life. Why is it so hard to find?? All I want is ooey gooey amazing cheese and I want it in molten liquid form. For every meal.
I’ve made so many queso and cheese dip recipes, and this is hands down my classic go -to!
Making restaurant style white queso dip is SUPER EASY and amazingly addicting…so you’ve been warned.
Queso Dip Recipe
This white cheese dip is what I serve at every tailgating party, every summer bbq, and every night where I’m simply craving cheese. I have a lot of cheesy dips on this site, but this White Queso Blanco is HANDS DOWN my favorite.
I’ve made cheese dips of all kinds, from Chicken Enchilada Dip to Vegan Queso. I love them all and each one has their place, but this recipe is my go-to. It can be served anywhere and anytime and with literally ANYTHING. If it doesn’t actually go with the meal you’re preparing…then make it as an appetizer. And try this Queso Blanco with Chorizo too!
As a rule, I almost always make Homemade Tortilla Chips to dip in all the cheese dip goodness. It’s worth the extra time it takes to make them, and bonus, they’re baked and not fried!
How to Make Homemade White Queso Dip
Making the perfect dip recipe is easier than you might imagine. It does involve some time standing at the stove…but I have faith in you. You can do it. :) (and it’s SO worth it).
Here are the steps in a nutshell:
- Heat evaporated milk over medium/high heat.
- Once simmering, reduce heat to low. TIP: Don’t allow the milk to actually boil over, it can happen quickly!
- Stir in your cheese in batches by the handful. Stir until fully melted, and then add more. See…it’s easy!
- Once all the cheese is melted, stir in any add-ins you might want in your queso such as cooked hamburger, jalapenos, or tomatoes. This White Queso Recipe below is pretty simple, but to me the sky is the limit when it comes to delicious additions! Don’t be scared to try new things.
- Grab your chips and ENJOY! Or use it to make good recipes even greater like our Smothered Chicken Fajitas or Perfect Chicken Nachos.
See recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions :)
What is queso?
Queso Cheese Dip It’s the cheese dip of your DREAMS! It’s a copycat cheese dip from your favorite restaurant chips and cheese. I’ve loaded mine with green chiles, spices, and topped with cilantro, jalapeños, and tomatoes.
Does this Queso Recipe stay smooth and creamy as it cools?
This one is a little bit different than the rotel cheese dip you might have had at a Super Bowl Party. Since it’s made with real quality cheese it does harden as it cools. You can keep it warm in a slow cooker after making or just reheat as you’re enjoying it. It reheats beautifully! Add a bit of milk when reheating if necessary.
This is the perfect queso for Taco Night! Check out the full Taco Tuesday Guide for more tips, ideas, and recipes.
Tips for Making this Cheese Dip Recipe
We have tried to make this queso recipe as easy as possible so that anyone can make it and be sure that it comes out PERFECT each and every time. Here are some tips we have come up with over the years:
- Use evaporated milk instead of milk, cream, or half and half. When I first posted this recipe, you might remember I used half and half, which is half milk/half cream. The recipe always worked for us, but I had some readers comment that their queso was separating while cooking. NO BUENO! Using evaporated milk should fix that issue as it has less moisture. Voila!
- Don’t let the milk overheat. Once the milk reaches a light simmer, immediately reduce to low. Never bring the heat over medium/low past that point. Cheese dip that gets too hot can become grainy, and we don’t want that!
- We’ve added cornstarch. Cornstarch is used to thicken the cheese dip and works great!
Best drinks to pair with Queso Dip
There’s nothing better to pair with Homemade Queso than an amazing Margarita! We have compiled all our favorite Margarita Recipes in the ULTIMATE MARGARITA GUIDE. From classic to unique to flavored to frozen, we have you covered! Be sure to check it out today.
When I made this for the first time Pat was beaming with pride, Dill and Scout were super jealous, and I was just fat and happy. I had finally found my white whale. I’d finally found my SUPER EASY Restaurant Style White Queso dip. This is the perfect time for a mic drop. Of all the queso recipes I’ve tried, this is a clear favorite.
Easy Queso Recipe
I love everything I post on here, but this easy queso recipe is one I REALLY want to shout from the blog-tops. It’s the perfect consistency, the perfect flavor, and perfectly simple. My kind of recipe.
If you’re looking for some awesome recipes that pair well with this cheese dip recipe, be sure to check out our Baked Chicken Tacos, Easy Tex Mex Rice, and Best Stuffed Peppers. High fives all around! If you’re looking for an easy restaurant style white queso recipe, this is the ticket. Enjoy!
Watch the video or see the recipe card below for details on How to Make Queso Dip Recipe.
If you’re looking for more cheese dip recipes, we have you covered!
- Loaded Velveeta Queso Dip (Cowboy Dip)
- Crock Pot Queso Fundido
- Beer Cheese Dip (Only 3 Ingredients!)
- Dairy Free Queso
- Healthy Cheese Dip
- Chicken con Queso
- Loaded Cowboy Queso Dip
- 5 Minute Nacho Cheese Sauce