This easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff recipe serves up morsels of melt-in-your-mouth beef in the most delicious cream sauce. Serve it with rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes for a super satisfying weeknight meal!
Homemade Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff has earned its place in our household as one of our top comfort food dishes!
Hearty, cozy, and packed with flavor, this Crockpot Beef Stroganoff recipe comes together easily in the slow cooker, allowing all those wonderful flavors to mingle and develop into something super special. Kids and adult alike with gobble this up!
Why You’ll Love this Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe:
- TENDER BEEF: The meat comes out of the crockpot perfectly tender and delicious!
- CREAMY: Smothered in a rich sauce made with garlic, sour cream, heavy cream, and a host of other flavorful goodies.
- EASY: This easy beef dish cooks up in the crockpot with no fuss, all yum!
Not only are the flavors sublime but so are the textures. The tender beef and meaty mushrooms work so well together – a match made in slow cooker heaven!
How to Make Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- In a large pan, cook your beef, onion and pour in the wine.
- Transfer the beef and onion mixture, as well as the seasonings, to the crockpot.
- Cook for 7-8 hours.
- Add in your cornstarch slurry then finally the cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
Stroganoff is a dish where the central ingredient, typically strips of beef, is cooked in a sauce containing sour cream.
For this recipe, we opted to use beef stew meat, but you can also use top sirloin, boneless ribeye steak, or beef tenderloin.
You can use any mushrooms you like! My favorite mushrooms to use are baby Bella.
Try a fruit-forward, dry red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, or Pinot Noir.
To make beef stroganoff on the stovetop, follow the recipe through step 4, cooking in a Dutch oven instead of a skillet. Add the remaining ingredients to the Dutch oven and simmer for 15-30 minutes, until the beef is cooked through. Then, add the cornstarch, thicken for 5 minutes, and add the sour cream and cream cheese. Serve over the cooked noodles.
This Crockpot Beef Stroganoff is a hearty meal that works with all kinds of sides. Here are some favorites:
- Homemade Hawaiian Rolls
- Sauteed Asparagus Recipe with Pancetta
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Red Wine Glazed Carrots
Rich, cozy and oh so delicious, this is the perfect recipe for a hungry crowd!
Store leftover beef stroganoff in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze leftover crockpot beef stroganoff in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- You can use top sirloin, boneless ribeye steak, or beef tenderloin in place of the stew meat.
- You can substitute shallots in place of the onions for a sweeter twist.
- You can use an equal amount of beef broth in place of the red wine.
- You can cook this stroganoff on high for 4-5 hours instead of on low for 7-8 hours.
More Easy Dinner Recipes We Love
- Tuscan Chicken in Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Baked Spaghetti
- Swedish Meatballs
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia Recipe
This is one of my all time favorite beef recipes. Perfectly tender beef chunks stewed in a lusciously creamy garlic sauce, plus it’s so easy to make! You’ll want to add this beef stroganoff recipe to your crockpot regulars. It’s a comforting and flavor packed dish that’ll satisfy the hungriest of customers!
More Crockpot Beef Recipes to Try:
- Crockpot Chili
- Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
- Crockpot French Dip
- Crockpot Beef Carnitas
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches (Leftover Roast Recipe Idea)
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!