Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with Garlic Butter are one of the easiest and best side dishes for any dinner or holiday. These Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes are the perfect EASY Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter side dish. So much flavor and none of the fuss. Creamed Potatoes in the Crockpot are seriously SO EASY! Garlic Potatoes for the win!
Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes with Garlic are right up my alley. Easy recipe for every occasion.
OH. MY. GOSH. These potatoes. These SLOW COOKER GARLIC BUTTER MASHED POTATOES. I can’t. Let me gather myself because I’m about to butter this recipe up with compliments, both literally and figuratively! :) Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without amazing mashed potatoes, and this recipe is just the one you need.
Firstly, these Creamed Potatoes it’s made in a crockpot. Your life should be as easy as possible while cooking everything from turkey to cranberry sauce. The more slow cooker recipes the better…am I right? This special Garlic Potatoes version of a classic is oh so creamy and cooked with whole roasted garlic to soak up all the flavor possible. LOOK AT ALL THAT GARLIC AND BUTTER. MMMMM!! I’m in love.
If you’re entertaining a crowd, easy recipes are a must. These Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are a dream come true for any busy home cook.
Look at all that butter and all that garlic. Are you as excited as I am? I doubt it, but you should be. This is truly the way you should cook mashed potatoes. Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are insanely good and better make an appearance on your Thanksgiving table.
Garlic Butter Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes are for the garlic lover in your life. You will be OBSESSED.
There’s not much else to say other than you just have to try this recipe. If you’re looking for other types of mashed potatoes be sure to check out our Goat Cheese Bacon Mashed Potatoes (a little off the beaten path but WOW are they good.) or if you’re feeling really wacky, our Deep Fried Loaded Mashed Potato Bites. If you’re wanting something different but still garlic butter, check out our Garlic Mashed Cauliflower!
Better yet, make these Garlic Butter Mashed Potatoes, serve them for Thanksgiving, and then use the leftovers to load up and deep fry. Yeah, I’m feeling that idea!
Can you believe Thanksgiving is in just a couple weeks?? Wow. Click HERE to check out all of our favorite holiday recipes. It’s never too late to create the perfect menu. Hope you have a great one!
See the recipe card below for full details on How to Make Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with Garlic Butter. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes peeled & chopped
- 1-2 bulbs garlic the top ¼ cut off
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper optional
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted
- ¼-½ cup milk
- Garnish: fresh chopped chives or parsley extra butter
- Spray a slow-cooker with cooking spray and set it to HIGH heat.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Rinse the potatoes under cold water (this removes some of the starch). Transfer the potatoes to the slow-cooker and nestle the garlic on top of the potatoes. Drizzle the chicken broth on top and sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Cook on HIGH 2-3 hours or on LOW 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove and mash the garlic. Add the garlic and butter to the potatoes and mash the potatoes until smooth. Try not to over mix the potatoes or they will turn gummy. Mix in the milk to the desired consistency.
- Garnish with chopped chives or parsley and pats of butter.
AROUND THE WEB: Check out some of our favorite slow cooker sides from our blogger friends: Crockpot Cheesy Ranch Potatoes, Slow Cooker Honey Cinnamon Carrots, and Crockpot Parmesan Broccoli Cauliflower.