Make your own homemade Hawaiian Rolls from scratch with this copycat recipe, instead of buying them from the store. They’re fresh, fluffy, and so delicious! These Hawaiian sweet bread rolls are the perfect thing to serve with any dinner.
Homemade Hawaiian Rolls Recipe
Hawaiian rolls are a favorite go-to dinner roll. They’re easy, they work with every meal, and the simple yet sweet flavor can’t be beat.
So skip the store-bought bread and use this easy copycat recipe to make your own!
Why You’ll Love this King’s Hawaiian Rolls Copycat Recipe:
- Fresh and Fluffy: There’s nothing better than fresh homemade bread. These sweet rolls are so perfectly fluffy!
- Sweet: The thing that makes Hawaiian rolls so addicting is that bit of sweetness.
- Simple Ingredients: My favorite thing about copycat recipes is you get to use real ingredients, so you know exactly what’s in these rolls.
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that this is a copycat recipe for an existing product. Kings Hawaiian is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
How to Make Hawaiian Rolls from Scratch
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine butter and buttermilk and heat in the microwave. Then use a stand mixer with the paddle attachment to combine the buttermilk mixture with the instant yeast, and let it rest.
- Add pineapple juice, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, and eggs, and mix to combine.
- Gradually add flour and mix until a dough forms, and then knead the dough into a soft, smooth ball.
- Place the dough in a large mixing bowl that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray, and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it rise until it has doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Divide the dough into 15 balls of dough, and place them in a 9×13 pan that’s been covered with nonstick spray. Cover and let rise until doubled in size (about 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375°F while the dough rises.
- Whisk together egg whites and water to make an egg wash, and brush it onto the tops of the rolls.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
What’s in Hawaiian sweet rolls?
The secret to Hawaiian bread rolls is that delicious sweetness that makes them so addicting. Here we’re adding brown sugar and pineapple juice straight into the dough to get the perfect flavor.
What do you eat with Hawaiian rolls?
How long do these rolls last?
These sweet rolls will go fast around the dinner table, but if you have any leftover, be sure to save them.
Keep them in an airtight container or resealable bag and store at room temperature for 2-4 days. You can also freeze the dough before baking, or freeze fully baked rolls.
- I recommend using instant yeast for this recipe, as it’s the easiest method.
- Using a stand up mixer with a dough hook will make this recipe much easier, but you can knead the dough by hand if needed.
- Plan ahead with this recipe, because the dough will need time to rise before baking.
- Rising times may vary, so make sure the dough doubles in size each time.
Make these homemade Hawaiian rolls for your next meal and everyone will be happy. Add a pat of homemade honey butter and you’ll really be in heaven!
More Bread and Roll Recipes we Love
- Make Ahead Yeast Rolls
- Buttermilk Spoon Bread
- Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls
- Soft Naan Rolls
- Parmesan Crusted Hawaiian Rolls
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.