This Biscuit Breakfast Casserole serves up sausage, eggs, peppers, and cheese on top of a buttery biscuit base. It’s a super easy and hearty and delicious way to start your day!
Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits
A breakfast casserole with biscuits is the epitome of breakfast comfort food! Veggies, sausage, and cheese sits on a scrumptious biscuit base, and then is oven baked to perfection. It also makes for a great make ahead breakfast or brunch!
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Why not also try my Butterscotch Monkey Bread Recipe and my English Muffin Breakfast Pizza.
Why You’ll Love this Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe:
- CHEESY: Loaded with your favorite melty cheese!
- SAVORY: Filled with eggs, sausage, and bell peppers, then seasoned with garlic and herbs. Delicious!
- MAKE AHEAD: This recipe freezes really well, so it’s a great recipe for breakfast meal prep.
This is such an easy breakfast. Just assemble it in the casserole dish and pop it in the oven! This makes a great breakfast for holiday mornings too.
How to Make Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Slice biscuits into quarters and place into the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix your egg topping ingredients then pour into the baking dish.
- Bake for 25 mins, then top with melted garlic butter and return to the oven for 10 mins.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins, serve and enjoy!
You definitely can. Follow this buttermilk biscuit recipe through step 9, and cut the biscuit dough into chunks before adding to the casserole.
Yes! Assemble the breakfast biscuit casserole ahead of time then cover tightly in foil and refrigerate overnight until ready you’re ready to bake it in the morning. When baked straight out of the refrigerator, you’ll need to add a minute or 2 to the baking time.
This baked breakfast biscuit casserole can be frozen for up to 2 months in an airtight container. Reheat individual slices in the microwave before serving.
This easy casserole is a meal in itself but you can certainly perk up your breakfast with some of these additions!
This is such a satisfying way to start your morning. Kids will love this flavor packed breakfast casserole!
Make Ahead Instructions
Biscuit breakfast casserole can be prepared up to 1 day in advance. Assemble the casserole, then cover tightly in foil and refrigerate overnight until ready you’re ready to bake it in the morning. When baked straight out of the refrigerator, you’ll need to add a minute or 2 to the baking time.
Store leftover biscuit breakfast casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat before serving.
Biscuit breakfast casserole can be frozen whole or cut into slices for up to 2 months. Store in an airtight container. Reheat from frozen in the microwave.
This casserole is super customizable. Try these swaps:
- Use your favorite kind of cheese.
- Use cooked ham or bacon in place of the sausage.
- Use your favorite diced veggies in place of the pepper, such as onions, broccoli, or mushrooms.
- Season with your favorite flavors, such as rosemary or thyme, instead of parsley and oregano.
More Egg Recipes We Love
Easy to make and loaded with flavor, this yummy biscuit breakfast casserole recipe will satisfy even the hungriest of customers! This freezes so well, you can whip it up ahead of time and whip it out for a delicious breakfast everyone can enjoy!
More Breakfast Casserole Recipes to Try:
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Apple Pie Overnight French Toast Casserole
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.