If you need a breakfast to feed a crowd, this Crockpot breakfast casserole is a great option! Filling and nutritious, and most importantly extra tasty, this bacon and hash brown breakfast will feed your army!
Easy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Simple to make with fresh veggies, bacon, hash browns and eggs, this dish is easy to prep and effortless to cook thanks to the Crockpot.
Why you’ll love this Overnight Breakfast Casserole recipe:
- MAKE AHEAD: Prep this dish the night before for a tasty breakfast to enjoy. The leftovers can be enjoyed throughout the week.
- KID FRIENDLY: Even your picky eaters will love this recipe, and you’ll love being able to sneak in some veggies!
- GREAT FOR A CROWD: This recipe easily serves 8, so it’s perfect if you have overnight guests!
Let your Crockpot do all the hard work and wake up to one delicious breakfast!
How to make Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the bacon.
- Saute the vegetables til tender.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sour cream and seasonings.
- In another bowl combine frozen hash browns, sautéed vegetables, bacon and cheese and place into the slow cooker.
- Pour over the egg mix and top with cheese.
This breakfast casserole is easy to adapt. To make it vegetarian simply omit the bacon, or swap it for some Tofurky bacon.
This crockpot breakfast casserole can be made in advance and set to cook overnight on low. Load everything in before you go to bed and you’ll wake up to a tasty breakfast with zero effort! If you have leftovers, they will keep well in the fridge for 3 days.
You can easily add in other ingredients to make this casserole exactly to your tastes. Different veggies like mushrooms or spinach can be added, or other meats like ham, pepperoni or cooked sausage. You can also adjust the seasonings, try using Italian herbs or some chili flakes for a spicy kick.
I’ve been making the Crockpot breakfast casserole for years! It’s so easy to make and super convenient when you need to serve hungry overnight guests!
- Slow cookers can vary slightly on cook time. The dish is cooked when the eggs are set. If you have excess liquid condensation from the lid, gently blot with a paper towel before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Eggs do not reheat well from frozen, so I do not recommend freezing this recipe. To reheat, microwave individual portions.
- Keep the hash browns frozen until you are ready to add them.
This yummy breakfast casserole will keep everyone feeling full and satisfied. It’s a perfect option for Christmas morning!
Christmas Morning Faves
34+ Christmas Morning Recipes
Nothing better than waking up to an amazing (and easy) breakfast bright and early on Christmas.
Let your Crockpot do all the hard work! There’s nothing better than waking up to a yummy breakfast casserole ready and waiting for you!
More Easy Breakfast Recipes we Love
- English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- S’mores Breakfast Parfait
- Cheesy Baked Breakfast Sliders
- Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Ham and Potato Casserole
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!