Ready to serve in less than 30 minutes, this creamy lemon asparagus pasta is one tasty and easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love. This vegetarian pasta is wonderfully fresh and flavorful and at the same time, creamy and comforting. This one is a keeper!
Creamy Lemon Asparagus Pasta
Mix up your pasta night with this easy and tasty lemon asparagus pasta recipe.
Made from scratch, the cream sauce is flavored with garlic and fresh lemon juice, while the asparagus adds a wonderful texture.
Why You’ll Love this Asparagus Pasta Recipe:
- Quick and Easy: Pasta is a great option for a weeknight dinner as it’s so quick to cook. This is on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- Simple Ingredients: Made with everyday ingredients, you can whip this up without much notice.
- So Flavorful: The cream sauce makes this dish indulgent and comforting, and the flavors of the lemon and garlic make it fresh and zingy. This is one delicious pasta recipe!
If you are in a bit of a dinner rut, give this pasta a go! Super quick and easy, and extra tasty, it ticks all the right boxes!
How to Make Lemon Asparagus Pasta
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the pasta al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, saute the asparagus and garlic.
- Add pasta water, cream, lemon juice, and seasonings to the asparagus and let the sauce cook down.
- Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
Use your favorite! I used rigatoni but any kind of noodle works great. You could even try making homemade pasta for the freshest dish!
Instead of asparagus, use the same amount of chopped fresh broccoli, or any combination of your favorite green vegetables like spinach, kale, arugula, peas, etc.
You can definitely leave out the heavy cream, it just won’t be as creamy. Instead of heavy cream try half-and-half or whole milk.
Store pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This lemon asparagus pasta can easily be served by itself, or pair it with any of these favorite sides…
However you decide to serve it, this creamy pasta dish is sure to become a family favorite!
- Cook the pasta al dente. It will continue to cook in the sauce, so if it’s overcooked it can start to get a little mushy.
- If you want to add some meat to this dish, some cooked shredded chicken would be super tasty.
- For a vegan alternative, cashew cream works great in place of the heavy cream.
Lemon and asparagus together just work so well! You can enjoy this all year round, but it’s perfect for Spring!
Can I use bottled lemon juice?
I don’t recommend it, though you can use it in a pinch. Fresh lemon juice is best for bright, bold, fresh citrus flavor!
Can I add lemon zest, too?
Absolutely! For even more lemon flavor, add fresh lemon zest in step 4.
Can you freeze it?
Because it contains dairy, this pasta dish shouldn’t be frozen as the texture can change quite considerably.
More 30 Minute Recipes We Love
This lemon asparagus pasta is bursting with flavor. The cream makes it so luxurious, but in reality, it takes minutes to make. What more could you want from an easy weeknight dinner?!
More Easy Pasta Recipes to Try:
- Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad
- Baked Feta Pasta
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Cheesy Ravioli Lasagna Bake
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.