Homemade Garlic Bread is the absolute BEST Garlic Bread Recipe we have ever tried! If you want to learn How to Make Garlic Bread where the butter melts deep into the bread, creating the ultimate garlicky, carb filled side dish, you’ve come to the right place. We bake it, then broil it, to make it crispy on the outside while staying soft and buttery on the inside.
Homemade Garlic Bread Recipe (BEST Garlic Bread)
This Garlic Bread Recipe is EVERYTHING I want in a carby delicious bread side dish. Homemade Garlic Bread is great, but this recipe is better than great, it’s AMAZING! I don’t have the proper words for it other than to say it’s the ultimate and PERFECT Garlic Bread Recipe that you will make time and time again.
You can make this Best Garlic Bread Recipe for Pizza Night, a movie date on the couch, or just a run of the mill Saturday spent with friends. We have discovered all the secrets of How to Make Garlic Bread and I can’t wait to share them with you! This is the type of recipe that will make you famous!
This Homemade Garlic Bread Recipe is loaded with garlic butter, baked to perfection, and then broiled a bit to really take things over the top. PERFECTION!
How to Make Garlic Bread
There are all sorts of recipes out there with tips and tricks for making the ultimate Garlic Bread or Garlic Cheese Bread. We feel like our recipe is truly the BEST out there, and I hope you test it and try it for yourselves! In the past, this is the kind of side dish I would have purchased frozen and not made from scratch, but we are taking baby steps here and can make it ourselves, right? You’ll be SO glad you took a chance on this Homemade Garlic Bread!
Tips for Making the Garlic Bread that is the BEST EVER:
- Use quality ingredients: Amazing French Bread, quality butter, and real garlic are the foundations of a great garlic bread recipe. Don’t skimp on the ingredients that take this recipe from good to great!
- We use SO MUCH butter: This is not the type of recipe that will be kind to your waist line. I don’t recommend eating it every day, but once in a while won’t hurt! The key to making this Garlic Bread Recipe special is the bread to butter ratio. We want the butter to really bake down deep into the bread, about half way down. You won’t believe how delicious it is!
- Bake, then Broil: Some recipes only bake, and some only broil…but we recommend doing both. The baking allows for the butter and garlic to melt deep into the bread while making things all hot and toasty, and the broiling creates an amazing crispy crust around it all. When I say perfection, I mean perfection!
Do you bake Garlic Bread in Foil?
We chose not to wrap our garlic bread recipe in foil, although you definitely can. Wrapping in foil will keep the outside from crisping quite so much. If you prefer your bread on the softer side, wrap in foil before baking and skip the broiling.
What can you use instead of parsley in Garlic Bread?
If you’re not a fan of parsley, or just want to change things up, you can use your favorite fresh herbs instead! You can use freshly chopped basil (YES!) or a mix of herbs like thyme, basil, and oregano. That would definitely give your bread more of an Italian flair! No matter what, promise me you’ll use all of the butter and the garlic. That’s the truly important part!
What to serve with Homemade Garlic Bread:
If you’re serving this amazing bread, you definitely need the perfect main course to go along side. On the journey to learn How to Make Garlic Bread, don’t skip the dinner part as well! This Garlic Bread might steal the show, but we think you’ll love these pairing options:
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- Seafood Lasagna
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Healthy Lasagna (8 Weight Watchers Points!)
- Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- Pesto Chicken Tortellini Soup
- One Pot Chicken Alfredo Skillet
Other favorite Easy Bread Recipes we love:
We love EASY recipes around here, and bread recipes are no exception! Try these out next time you’re looking for CARBS but want the easy way out:
- Easy Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Rolls
- Easy Dinner Rolls
- Chocolate Croissants
- Garlic Butter Hawaiian Rolls
- Cornbread Drop Biscuits
This ridiculously extravagant and EXTRAORDINARY Garlic Bread Recipe needs a place at your table the next time you’re cooking Italian food! I’m so glad that I’ve finally found a recipe that I can stand behind as the BEST EVER and make time and time again. Let me know how you like it! We ate our weight in it the night we made it, and I regret NOTHING! :)
See the recipe card below for How to Make Garlic Bread. Enjoy!
Homemade Garlic Bread Recipe
Homemade Garlic Bread is the absolute BEST Garlic Bread Recipe we have ever tried! If you want to learn How to Make Garlic Bread where the butter melts deep into the bread, creating the ultimate garlicky, carb filled side dish, you've come to the right place. We bake it, then broil it, to make it crispy on the outside while staying soft and buttery on the inside.
- 1 16 ounce loaf of Italian or French bread
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter divided (12 tablespoons for the bread and 4 tablespoons for extra dipping butter)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse or flaked sea salt
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Slice the loaf in-half lengthwise, and place each half cut-side up on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan set over LOW heat, combine butter, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring the mixture to a low boil and boil 1 minute. Do NOT allow the garlic to brown. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the butter through a mesh strainer and into a heatproof bowl.
- Add 1-tablespoon parsley and mix well.
- Spread or brush all except 4 tablespoons butter mixture over the bread and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the bread at 350°F, on the middle rack of the oven, for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and set the temperature to BROIL.
- If using Parmesan cheese, sprinkle it onto the bread.
- Return the bread to the oven and broil 1-2 minutes or until the bread is toasty and golden and the cheese bubbles slightly. *Watch closely so the bread doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining ½ tablespoon of parsley. Allow the bread to cool 1-minute before slicing.
- Use leftover butter mixture for a dipping sauce, if desired.
- Serve immediately.