Cook up the most delicious and juicy meatloaf in less time using your Instant Pot. Made from scratch and glazed with a seasoned ketchup, this comfort food classic is ready to serve in less than an hour. This is a must make!
Meatloaf in the Instant Pot
A traditional meatloaf is a comfort food classic, it’s a family favorite, but I don’t always love how long it can take to cook, especially during the summer months when I don’t want to have my oven on for that long!
This Instant Pot meatloaf recipe is ready in way less time compared to traditional oven baking, and it’s just as easy!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Meatloaf Recipe:
- MAKE AHEAD: This tasty meatloaf is great for weekly meal prep, and it’s freezer friendly too!
- KID FRIENDLY: This is a classic for good reason! It’s a great dinner that the whole family will love, even your picky eaters!
- QUICK AND EASY: Just mix the ingredients together and let your Instant Pot do all of the hard work. Ready to serve in just 50 minutes!
When you want a comforting and filling dinner, but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, this is one delicious way to do it! Effortless and so tasty, this Instant Pot meatloaf recipe is a keeper!
How to Make Instant Pot Meatloaf
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix together the ingredients for the meatloaf in a bowl.
- Place the mixture in a large piece of foil and fold up the sides.
- Mix together the glaze and brush half over the top of the beef.
- Add water to the Instant Pot and place the meatloaf onto the rack.
- Manually cook and naturally release the pressure.
- Top with the remaining glaze to serve.
Yes! Instead of ground beef, use a mix of ground beef, turkey, and/or pork.
Meatloaf is cooked through when the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Yes! If you don’t have an instant pot, place the meatloaf into a 9×4-inch loaf pan and place it in the same aluminum foil basket. Place it on a baking sheet, spread with half of the sauce, and bake at 375°F for 45-50 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 160°F.
Because of the limited size capacity of an instant pot, this recipe cannot be doubled. It can, however, be halved. To half this recipe, simply halve all of the ingredients and cook for the same amount of time.
If your instant pot is not pressuring, the lid may not be properly sealed. If the sealing ring isn’t positioned just right, it will not properly seal. Another potential reason is the pressure release valve may not be set to “SEAL”. Finally, there may not be enough liquid in the instant pot. At least 1 cup of liquid is needed to properly seal, but be careful not to go above the fill line.
This Instant Pot meatloaf recipe is perfect to serve with potato and vegetable side dishes. Try it with some of these favorite recipes:
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes
- Parker House Rolls
- Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes
- Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- Asparagus Almondine
However you decide to serve it, this meal is sure to be a hit! So juicy and flavorsome, and the ketchup glaze adds a delicious tang.
Store leftover meatloaf in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Tightly wrap individual slices of meatloaf in plastic wrap, place into an airtight container, and freeze for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator, reheat, and serve.
No Instant Pot?
Bake it in the oven! Place the meatloaf into a 9×4-inch loaf pan and place it in the same aluminum foil basket. Place it on a baking sheet, spread with half of the sauce, and bake at 375°F for 45-50 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 160°F.
More Instant Pot Recipes We Love
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Thai Style Beef Brisket
- Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
This Instant Pot meatloaf recipe is a great go to when you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen and you have hungry mouths to feed. Simple and easy to prep and quick to cook, this one is a life saver!
More Easy Ground Beef Recipes to Try:
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
- Crockpot Stuffed Peppers
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Hamburgers
- Cheeseburger Hand Pies
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!