This delicious vegetable side dish is so quick and easy to make and so tasty! Made with a few simple ingredients, this asparagus almondine is perfect to serve all year round.
This vegetable side dish is so quick and easy to make and is loaded with fresh and vibrant flavors.
Why you’ll love Asparagus Almondine:
- Quick: This dish is ready to serve in just 15 minutes and it’s so easy to prepare!
- Versatile: This is a great side to pair with all kinds of mains, from roasted meats, fish dishes to pastas.
- Delicious! This is one tasty way to get your veggies in! Fresh and bold, the asparagus is perfectly cooked. It’s so good guys!
How to make asparagus almondine
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Steam the asparagus and place in ice water.
- Toast the almonds in melted butter.
- Add the asparagus to the almond, cover and shake and cook until the asparagus in tender.
- Mix in the seasonings.
Why place steamed vegetables in iced water?
It’s really important to place the steamed asparagus into iced water. This stops them from cooking so that they stay nice and firm. It also helps the asparagus to retain its bright green color.
Can you make it ahead of time?
It’s best to serve this asparagus almondine as soon as it’s ready. If you make it ahead of time and reheat it, the asparagus can get limp and the color will become dull.
What do you serve it with?
This asparagus side dish is great with all kinds of mains. Try it with:
- Use fresh asparagus that is firm to the touch.
- Remove the woody ends of the asparagus before you steam them.
- Take care not to overcook the asparagus when you steam them, they should still be firm as you will continue to cook them in the skillet.
- Use fresh herbs and lemon juice for the most vibrant flavors.
- Serve the asparagus almondine immediately.
More Vegetable Side Dishes
Vegetable Side Dishes are a must make for any meal and especially for the holidays. Here are some additional favorites.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!