Yesterday was Memorial Day, and everyone I saw was decked out in Red White and Blue. LOVE IT! Why not dress up your dessert as well?! Red White and Blue Bark is the perfect (SUPER EASY) white chocolate treat for the Fourth of July, or any day!
The 4th of July will be here before we know it! There is no better holiday. I have some fun treats and drinks lined up for you to celebrate AMERICA, but my favorite just might be this white chocolate bark made with dried strawberries and blueberries. Yummy, patriotic, EASY, and healthy***!!
***Healthy, in this case, is determined by ‘girl math’. Dried fruit = healthy. We will pretend like the white chocolate isn’t involved…
When I lived in Florida, we would always have a big street party for the 4th of July. Everyone would dress in their finest patriotic attire (read: cut-off jean shorts and American flag-themed T-shirts), eat great food, and get sunburned riding bikes around the shore. We would then pack up our best food and drinks and head for the beach, to watch the fireworks displays. Favorite part of the day for sure. Eating mixed with magic. This bark would have been the perfect treat to take down to the beach for the fireworks. If it made it throughout the day without being devoured!
Throw it in some tupperware and take it to any party. Or make it for yourself, keep it in the fridge, and snack on it for about a week. No? Just me?? Okay then :)
I have made other candy bark before, for Christmas and Valentine’s Day. They were both really tasty, but I think I love this dried fruit version the best. Isn’t it great that it’s healthy and delicious at the same time!! (I’m kidding…I know girl math isn’t real…but its still nice to pretend). Head over to Celebrations to see this and other great Holiday recipes! Enjoy!!
Red White and Blue Bark is the perfect, easy dessert for the 4th of July! So fun and tasty.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 16 ounces good quality white chocolate
- 1 cup dried strawberries*
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Lay wax paper on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the cookie sheet with half of the blueberries and strawberries
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl (microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between. It should take about 1:15 at least to melt it, but be careful, white chocolate burns easily)
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the cookie sheet and spread it until smooth if needed Top with remaining blueberries and strawberries, pressing them lightly into the melted chocolate
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to harden. Break apart and serve! Keep in an airtight container. Will keep for 2 weeks.
- *Note: Some grocery stores sell dried strawberries (I have found them at Walmart!), but I couldnâ??t find any! I ended up using strawberries from a box of Special K Red Berries. They worked great, and I had regular Special K cereal left over. Win-win!