Savory Monkey Bread is filled with delicious flavors for a fun appetizer or side dish. This Pillsbury monkey bread recipe is flaky, flavorful and fun to eat. It’s a real crowd pleaser!
Savory Monkey Bread
If you’ve never tried Savory Monkey Bread, you’re in for a tantalizing treat! This recipe is simple and satisfying, and you can change up the toppings a million different ways.
We are total bread lovers around here. Warm, soft bread is a staple at most of our meals, whether it’s a plate of Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit Bites in the morning or a thick slice of Homemade Garlic Bread alongside a cozy soup dinner.
This Savory Monkey Bread is a family favorite, and it’s just so fun to pull apart and eat! This Pillsbury monkey bread recipe is just as easy to make as the typical sweet varieties, but it makes the perfect appetizer or side dish. I absolutely love these savory flavors, from the CHEESE to the sesame seeds to the chives.
Choose your favorite ingredients to add-in and make it your own!
This Savory Monkey Bread recipe is simple enough to make with your kids for an easy supper, yet gorgeous enough to shine on a holiday buffet table!
How to Make Monkey Bread (Savory)
Breads can be tough to make, but this monkey bread recipe is EASY! We’re using Pillsbury crescent roll dough to start, so that makes the whole process super simple.
You can use another type of dough if you prefer. Use frozen, fresh or refrigerated dough. Bread dough works great, but biscuit dough makes it turn out even more light and flaky.
- Roll dough into balls and gently roll in melted butter.
- Next, roll each ball in various toppings, using as many or few as you like. (For example, Parmesan cheese and smoky paprika)
- Then layer into a bundt pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- You can then sprinkle garlic powder over the top and top with remaining melted butter.
- Bake the monkey bread at 350°F for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil if it is browning too quickly.
- Transfer bread to a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Loosen the edges (and center) with a sharp knife and flip the bread over onto a larger plate than the bread. Immediately flip the bread over onto a serving plate to serve. It should be served in the same position as it cooked in the pan.
Now gather your friends and family around to savor this deliciously SAVORY bread, piece by piece! Be sure to watch the video to see the step by step process.
Pillsbury Monkey Bread Recipe
One of the reasons I love this savory monkey bread recipe so much is because there’s virtually no bread-making involved. Using refrigerated biscuit dough takes all the stress out of it. You can use any kind of refrigerated or frozen dough you like (frozen rolls are a great option). But if you’d like to try your hand at homemade dough, this Homemade Crescent Rolls Recipe is simple and delicious! From the can or from scratch, you can’t go wrong with this recipe!
Savory Monkey Bread Ingredients
This recipe is so fun to make, and completely kid friendly! It’s the perfect thing to make together as a family. They can add any toppings they like. Here are a few ideas:
- Cheese (any kind of cheese you like; I love using a mix of cheddar and Parmesan)
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Crumbled Bacon or Sausage
- Toasted almonds or walnuts
More Easy Bread Recipes
If you like this savory monkey bread recipe, be sure to try some of these other delicious (and easy!) bread recipes. Trust me, even the most timid cook can pull these off!
- Garlic Cheese Bread Roll Ups
- Spinach Artichoke Pull Apart Bread
- Baked Brie Bread Bowl
- French Bread Pizza Bites
- Dutch Oven Bread
- Cheesy Beer Monkey Bread
- Low Carb Cloud Bread
This Savory Monkey Bread recipe is truly out of this world. It’s one of my favorite bread recipes to make for family gatherings because it’s just so simple! Plus I get to change it up every time with the exact flavors, and it’s a lot of fun to pull apart and snack on. Best appetizer, side dish, or afternoon snack!
Watch the Video and see the recipe card below for details on how to make Savory Monkey Bread. Enjoy every bite!
And of course you’ve got to try our Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread if you want something sweet. It’s PERFECT for fall breakfasts, desserts, and snacks!